How to Write a Political Science Essay
Writing a well-researched and well-structured essay is absolutely crucial for any student studying Political Science. However, quite a number of scholars require help with this task because their essay should comply with multiple requirements. As a Political Science major, you are expected to submit essays that have references to the right material and show your awareness of the subject. Irrespective of whether your teacher assigns you a topic or you pick it yourself, you should make sure that you did your research well and everything you included in your essay is easily understandable and makes sense.
From what follows below, you will find out how to write a political science paper that complies with all the requirements. We also added a list of political science essay topics to let you choose one of the best ideas for discussion.
What is a Political Science Essay?
Defining an essay type is the primary step to success. A political science essay is a type of academic writing assignment that aims to research, analyze, and explain sources related to a specific political issue. The goal of such a paper is to explore the challenges facing humanity today, such as wars, poverty, unemployment, hunger, discrimination, or environmental pollution. The purpose is to offer possible solutions to the existing problems after analyzing them in-depth with the help of related cases, policies, and projects.
What are some of the features of a successful political science paper?
- Logical, flawless structure (an outline will help).
- Valid & convincing evidence from the credible sources.
- A new opinion of the chosen topic.
- Academic style of writing.
In the upcoming sections, we will analyze how to write a political science essay and discuss some examples.
Learn How to Create a Political Science Essay Outline
There is more to a custom political science essay than just writing an article and having it checked by the professor to get any grade. Getting ready for this task involves making use of numerous sources to provide evidence of the significance of the problem and substantiate the need for finding a solution to it. Apart from being eye-catching, the title of your essay should motivate the audience to read the paper all the way through, which is why you should add a hook sentence at the beginning.
How about a political science essay outline? Typically, this is a 5-paragraph essay, which should have a proper and to-the-point introduction, conveying the reason for writing a political science essay (the central meaning of the essay). There should also be a representative and clear body containing multiple paragraphs. The next step is pretty tough from a practical execution standpoint as it involves providing the bibliography and conclusion. To sum up, here is how your outline should look like:
Staten the central question, explain its significance, share the background, and offer the paper's overview. Do not forget to include the thesis statement.
- Theoretical framework.
In the Literature Review section, provide a summary of the potential answers to the research question; cite the relevant literature & address the approach to solving the issue.
- Case study.
There could be several studies; use a literature review when discussing the case(s) - you may come up with multiple sections of the work.
- Conclusion. Get back to the research question; provide a summary of the results; show ways of implementing the solutions in future research papers.
Grab a Free Essay Outline Example
Here is a specific example of an outline for the political science essay writing.
- Chapter 1: Intro
- Defining terrorism.
- Explaining the importance of studying terrorism.
- Implications of the research.
- Thesis layout.
- Identifying ejective counterterrorism.
- Explaining counterterrorism.
- Measures of fighting terrorism (repressive & conciliatory policies).
- Legal reform and limitation.
- Indiscriminate VS discriminate actions.
- Extra policy concerns Issues with past studies.
- Research design.
- Introducing Series Hazard Modeling.
- Research limitations & future ideas.
- A rationale for selecting 1988-1992.
- Event information.
- Study design.
- Research restrictions.
- Politics used to deter political crimes.
- A viable solution to fighting terrorism.
- Limitations on terroristic actions.
- Various police combinations.
- Policy implications.
Citing a Political Science Essay
Adding quotes to an essay is one of the most important aspects, especially when it is a Political Science essay. You will be required to quote prominent people and leaders to substantiate the statements and arguments that you make in the essay.
Quoting prominent people in an essay depends mainly on 2 factors:
- The appropriateness of the argument or paragraph where you want to include the quote.
- The whole idea behind the argument which you wish to substantiate with the quote.
It is vital that you add quotes only when it is required in the instructions. Also, the quotes should support what you are trying to prove or argue. Make sure that you do not make any changes to the quotes because these are direct quotes, and they are required to stay the way they initially were.
There are two basic rules that you need to follow when adding direct quotes from world leaders in your Political Science essay:
- Insert quotation marks at the beginning and end of the quote.
- Add a proper citation at the end of the quote or in the Bibliography section of the essay.
Direct quotes, especially from prominent world leaders, can be a tricky thing to deal with. You need to make sure that there are no mistakes and everything is in place. Even the smallest of words need to be the same. If you make any changes (no matter how little they are) and proceed to enclose the quote in quotation marks, you may end up getting your grade lowered because the teacher might decide that you misquoted somebody or tried to pass a paraphrased quote off as a direct one.
20 Interesting Political Science Essay Topics
Before you start working, mind the significance of the excellent research problem. A title should reflect it all. Here is the list of essay topics for political science you should consider if the teacher does not assign a specific topic:
- The correlation between totalitarianism & authoritarianism.
- Different models of democracy.
- Discussing a particular international organization & regime.
- The role of feminist movement in global politics.
- The ways to achieve a balance of power.
- The main points of the Deterrence Theory.
- The founding of the US political system.
- The role of children in the political system.
- The influence of social media on the political situation.
- Political figures and celebrities.
- The impact of political figures on art movements.
- Discrimination in the US politics.
- Countries that still support fascism and national socialism.
- Modern liberalism: Its main qualities.
- Interest groups & pluralism.
- The interconnection between religion and political regime.
- Legal voting age.
- Presidential elections in the United States.
- Catholic political thought.
- Leadership and decision making in politics.
Political Science Essay Help You Deserve!
Sick and tired of endless homework assignments? Finding it hard to write a specific type of paper? Our professional online academic writing service is there to help! No matter what kind of subject or content you want, it will be delivered to you on time. You can also take advantage of our 24/7 customer support that will help you with any questions you may have.
Writing services specializing in custom political science essays are meant to help students with this and other types of written assignments. The best thing about these services is that they are available 24/7 and offer customer-friendly support. So, now you can have your admission essay, custom essay, or any other kind of academic paper done quickly and professionally. These services recruit professionals with MA or Ph.D. degrees who know all the ins and outs of political science essay writing. So, why not give it a try and fill out the order form on our company's website? We guarantee that you won't be disappointed!